Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Whispers..

At the sound of His whisper,
Oceans will part,
Nations come.

The absolute sovereignty of God. Something that our humans minds can't even comprehend. The power of God. Sometimes I grow obviousness to this fact, that in an instant, God can crush this Earth. His voice will cause the mountains to jump, the wave of His hand can turn deserts into rain forests. His created the entire universe only so that we, His children, have light during the night, that there is proof of His love for us in the stars.

And yet even though I know I'm His child, and that He loves me more than all the stars in the sky, I fail to realize that this sovereign is there for me. He works FOR me, not against. The only person working against me, is me. My own inner demons who try to drag me down, who try to distance myself from God.

What is there to fear? Who is there to fear? The GOD of the UNIVERSE loves me. He is right next to me every morning, he walks with me on campus, he comforts me when I'm down.

The God of the Universe is next to me, hearing my pains and struggles, talking to his child, and I'm the one not listening.

He has blessed me with amazing friends, parents who love me unconditionally, family who I can count on all ways, and a life which can make a difference.

Lord forgive me for being selfish here on Earth, teach me your ways, give me Your heart.

2 comments:

  1. James 1:12-18

    We feel like God is throwing so much stuff at us...but we, like you said, are just drawn away by our own desires...

    Hmm. I thank the Lord that He is gracious. Slow to anger. Abounding in love. He is good to all.

    ReplyDelete